Students require a current UTAS ID card to verify their identity for enrolment and examination purposes and to utilise Library and printing services. UTAS will provide a Student ID card to each student free of charge each academic year. There is a $5.00 charge to replace lost or damaged cards.
For information about privacy provisions and cultural considerations, see Declaration Information below.
In most cases your card can be produced 48 hours after you add your units on-line, or after the Student Centre processes your form in the case of Special programs. For a full-time card you need to complete your enrolment for both semesters 1 and 2.
Where and when to get your 2013 ID card
See the session dates and times below for your nearest ID Card session. Please bring some photo identification (eg driver’s licence, last year’s card) and your student identification number (as shown on your letter of offer) when you come to get your card.
NB – Student Centre is providing a local collection service for continuing students at some remote study centres. Cards will be produced from the existing photo and sent for local collection to the centre, eg Hobart, Launceston and NW Clinical Schools; School of Medicine, Hunter St and Inveresk. You will be advised by email if this service is available at your centre.
- Sandy Bay campus: Monday 8th July to Friday 12th July from 10.00am to 4.00pm in the Morris Miller Library
- Newnham campus: Monday 8th July to Friday 12th July from 10.00am to 2.00pm in the Library
Cradle Coast Campus
- Cradle Coast Campus: on-going Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm in the Student Centre
Rozelle and St Vincents
- New students: Staff at the local administration office will take your photo and send it to the Student Centre for production of the ID cards. Please contact your local office for details.
- Continuing students: 2013 cards will be produced using the original photo (prior to expiry on 31 March) and sent to the administration office. If you need to update your photo please see Staff at the local administration office.
- New Distance students: Send an email from your UTAS email account with a passport sized photo image and a scanned copy of another form of photo ID (i.e. driver’s licence) to Student.Centre@utas.edu.au . Alternately you can post a passport sized photo, certified on the back as a true copy, with a photocopy of other photo ID and your student identification number to the Student Centre, Private Bag 1345 Launceston Tas 7250.
- Continuing Distance students: If you received an ID card in 2012, your photo is stored on our ID card system. We will use that unless you require an updated image. Please send an email from your UTAS email account to Student.Centre@utas.edu.au requesting a 2013 ID card. It will be posted to the residential address recorded on your eStudentCentre unless you specify otherwise.
The University of Tasmania collects, stores and uses information, including student images, for the purpose of administration of the student's enrolment and progress in their study, the provision of other services to the student by the University and to comply with the Higher Education Support Act 2003. Student images (photographs) are collect end stored for the purpose of:
- the production of a photographic identification card
- producing a replacement card using an existing image
- the production of photographic class lists